Chamonix-Mont-Blanc > Activities > Chamonix in summer
Chamonix in summer
Chamonix-Mont-Blanc : an all year round sports destination !
Chamonix has a strong reputation as a winter sports resort. However it also offers a wide variety of summer and low season activities.
The Mont Blanc Ascent
The Mont Blanc Ascent is a key experience during your stay in Chamonix. With the help of a High Mountain guide, it's one you'll never forget. Please note that the ascent requires the proper equipment, endurance and former experience in High Mountain climbing.
HIKING, TREKKING AND TRAIL
The Mont Blanc Massif is an infinite playground for hikers and runners.
Hikes you can't miss :
- La Flégère – le Lac Blanc. Accessible to all levels.
- La Traversée le Plan de l’Aiguille – la Mer de Glace. Departure is possible from Chalets Aquarelle if you're a good walker.
- Les Gorges de Servoz.
Eager for strong sensations and speed ? Discover all the mountain trails and passes. Beautiful views guaranteed.
- Mountainbike trails are accessible from the ski lifts of la Flégère, Vallorcine and les Houches.
- To be explored with a hybrid bike : le Col de la Colombière, le Col des Aravis, le Col de Joux Plaine, le Col du Grand Saint Bernard...…
VIA FERRATA AND CLIMBING
A cross between hiking and climbing, Via Ferrata offers safe routes accessible to everyone.
- Routes to discover : la Tour de Jalouvre (Grand Bornand), la Roche à l' Agathe(Thônes), la Mer de Glace (Chamonix)…
- For climbers, there are 19 climbing rocks for all levels on free access, in the valley.
Why not challenge the currents of the Arve and the Giffre by kayak, hydro-speed or canyoneering ?
To experience such strong sensations seek advice from local professionals.
Chamonix's 18 hole Golf course, designed by Trent Jones Senior lies at the Praz de Chamonix.
Enjoy a peaceful moment and quality service in an invigorating setting. Bar and restaurant.
How about a little angling on the rivers and lakes which surround the Chamonix valley ?
Vallée du Val Ferret
In this beautiful valley just behind the Tunnel du Mont Blanc, in Italy, you will find an exceptional itinerary for fishing and light hiking. Local fish : the fario trout, the rainbow trout, the char. Day permits can be obtained at the « Bar Ristorante Tronchey ».